Saturday, April 2, 2011

SMART Exchange lesson

My unit will be on learning about how music has shaped the American culture over time. Therefore the first search I did was to see if there were any existing files. This is what I found: http://exchange.smarttech.com/search.html?sort=Best+match&type=All+Types&q=music+changes+the+world&subject=All+subjects&grade=All+grades The lesson is "Music changes the World" I think this is a great starting point for me. I want to create a lesson explaining the effect music has on culture, trends, ideas of the audience, etc. This lesson has pull out tabs and this idea would work for me when trying to get students to focus on certain points at certain times. The notebook file also has people from the Beatles to Motown. I liked how the file also has the reflection of how music gets inspired. This shows that not does music influence the world, but the world also influences the music that can serve as a method of freedom of speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment